Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Sunfest 2016

We are super fortunate in this city to host one of the TOP THREE festivals held in all of Canada! To hear and celebrate music from all over the world, to celebrate diversity and uniqueness, to sample international cuisine - what could be better?! I spent Friday evening at Sunfest until the storm chased me home and then Saturday and Sunday with friends. We danced and danced and ate and ate!! And may have imbibed a few drinks too...

Saw this band - FIVE ALARM FUNK - three times over the weekend. They are amazing - funny AND funky! Everyone dances when they play...

They have three percussionists, a brass section and a guitar section. They like to dress up and go craaazy!


This guy is my favourite - Tom Towers - he does some quick changes into a gorilla mask, alien head, batman etc...

People as far as the eye can see!

Tom Towers...

Tom again...

Lazo, has played at Sunfest for over 20 years, hence he is known as Mr. Sunfest!

I didn't notice this at the time but I got a photo of someone taking a photo of Lazo!

A new backup singer!


Five Alarm Funk...again... Tom in his alien head...


One of the other drummers - Tayo Branston - a real WILD man!

 Definitely a good time was had by all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment - it means a lot to me that you read my post and are leaving a comment - you just made my day!