Monday, May 9, 2016

May Challenge

So far I have gotten out into the forest every day this month! It's quickly becoming a habit and a time that I look forward to each day. Every other day I do 1.5km of trail running - I'd like to say it's becoming easier but it isn't yet. I complain to myself the whole time but force myself to keep running. Fortunately I do my trail running on a portion of trail that very few people venture onto saving my humiliation and panting/swearing for myself.

Yesterday I had another "deer moment" - she was laying under a tree with lots of ground cover but I could see her head and we stared at each other for a few moments and then she took off at a run. No photo as any movement would have startled her. But I did get a great bunny picture yesterday.

 Unlike my goldfinch photo - have you ever tried to take a picture of one? - they flit from twig to twig, tree to tree about every nano-second! Little meanies! You'll need a magnifying glass to see it!

Wild leeks by the bushel full - I just have no idea when they are ready to eat!?

If you bend down and look under the may apple's big leaves this is what you'll see right now.  I'm not sure if it is going to flower or if it has already flowered and this is the apple forming. I tend to think it's going to flower, but what do I know?

May apple leaves..

the most beautiful fungus I think I've ever seen! And I've seen some!

These flowers were in a very boggy area but I managed to get up close by walking on two logs using a big stick for balance.

Yup, out there...

 Exploring in a new area...

Heading home...

Due to having to purchase yet another charging cord I've gotten a bit behind with my posting, but hey, it is what it is. So I'll do a financial report tomorrow...if I remember! I'm getting OLD!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment - it means a lot to me that you read my post and are leaving a comment - you just made my day!