Tuesday, April 12, 2016

More Real Food

 My latest efforts with eating real food includes making my own granola. I have a basic recipe that calls for large oats, brown sugar, butter, chopped nuts and cinnamon. Pretty easy peasy. For now I'm using natural raw sugar but I will experiment with honey or blackstrap molasses as a sweetener. To the basic recipe I add sesame seeds (high in iron and calcium among many other things), pumpkin seeds (lots of protein and iron) and sunflower seeds(high in vitamin E and the B vitamins). I buy seeds and nuts RAW and unroasted - absolutely pure!

Put melted butter and other ingredients in a large saucepan and constantly stir over medium heat til golden brown. The first time I made this I also put it all on a cookie sheet and toasted it under the broiler because I didn't think it was crunchy enough.

I ran downstairs to attend to the dryer and when I came back up there was a burning smell in the air. I whipped the cookie sheet out of the oven and a portion of the granola was a tad burned.

However, when I stirred it all together it was absolutely delicious so I did that again this time but kept a close eye on it. There is something yummy about slightly burnt butter and sugar!!

While I was making granola and scones my daughter made this:
It was so pretty I had to take a picture! She wasn't finished yet but so far her nacho chips each have exactly one piece of onion, tomato and green pepper! Still to come - jalapenos, shredded cheese, sour cream and salsa.

Having determined that the kitties loved their new kitty bed and because it was so hard for both of them to fit into one bed I went back to Dollarama and bought two more. It was several days though before they would each sleep in a separate bed. So when I saw that they had finally figured out that they could each have one of their own I took a few photos.  Cuz that's what I do :)

Soooooo cozy! (Lily)
Totally out of it. Luna.
 I am drunk with sleep - Lily.
Can someone bring me a cat treat? Luna.
 Awww, they are so cute!! Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment - it means a lot to me that you read my post and are leaving a comment - you just made my day!