Thursday, June 18, 2015

Ups and Downs

Kazi just showed me a snapchat of people still celebrating the Chicago Blackhawks winning the Stanley Cup. Wasn't that a couple of days ago? It was a video of a stadium filled with thousands and thousands of people - still partying on...gotta love Chicago!!

I went on a 2 hour walk the other day in my favourite place - Killaly Meadows. It's a 2 minute drive from my house - I'd ride my bike there if it didn't kill my butt! There are a couple of main trails and lots of side trails some alongside the river and some meandering through meadows and forest.


I hadn't been there for a couple of weeks due to resting my knee that I hurt falling on a rock and lots of new things were blooming....

and in some areas the sun broke through the trees with major intensity.....

 such a simple flower, so beautiful...

...close up even clover is rather pretty...

I'm not really sure what these red blossoms are...

the river was very tranquil...



another gorgeous bloom...

I've been busy listening to Eckhart Tolle's audio tapes called "The Flowering of Human Consciousness" and am now listening to his book "The Power of Now." Waiting in the wings is his book called "A New Earth: Awakening to your Life's Purpose" which was an Oprah Book Club recommendation. I've heard that she has read "The Power of Now" 8 times. I can understand why she would read it over and over - there is such depth of spiritual knowledge and much to learn from his wisdom. AND I love his voice :) Soothing, calm, sensible and humorous with a hint of a German accent.

As my post title suggests my path is not smooth but filled with ups and downs. That's ok.  Tomorrow I see my another doctor with hopes of being sent for an MRI. And next Tuesday I see my counsellor. Kazi is getting ready to go to a music festival next week so I shopped with her today. We went to a dozen stores and I had the urge to buy NOTHING! I have so lost my shopping mojo and I don't mind that one bit. In fact I'd like to declutter the house and get rid of lots more STUFF!  There's no need for it. I'm sure I only use about 1% of 1% of what I own on a daily basis. If that. I'll add that to my list of "things to do"!

Hope your week is going well. Rumour has it that Maureen, from Australia, may start blogging again!


2 comments:

  1. What you did not want to buy anything, oh girl we need to get you some help:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like things are slowly looking up! Are you still coming east this summer? Keep on healing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment - it means a lot to me that you read my post and are leaving a comment - you just made my day!