Monday, April 27, 2015

Racking up the Miles


It was a weekend of walking! I walked and I walked. And happily the weather cooperated. On Saturday we hiked through Killaly Meadows- it was a bit of a slow hike, more like a stroll, but enjoyable nonetheless. The sun was shining and we walked in our shirt sleeves. You can't beat that. We're in that wonderful window of time between snow/sleet/wind/rain and.......................................
BUG SEASON!!

I'm still in pain but not as bad as before. The thing is you have to keep stretching even when you're feeling better. Lesson learned. It's hard to see but there are thousands of blue flowers (my mom called them crazies) sprinkled through the grass and the trees and through the trees you can glimpse the river.

I was trying to get a picture of the colourful red sumac contrasting with the spindly trees and blue sky without any people in the shot (while walking at the same time) but it didn't quite work out - I could edit the guy out but then most of the sumac would be gone.  Maybe I'll try it.

Not sure why but a lot of trees in this area are missing most of their bark - it makes for cool pictures but I'm a bit concerned!

Later - Sunday's hike - I know you can't wait!!

3 comments:

  1. I admire your dedication, I need a kick up the rump to get me and dh out walking!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. livingrichonthecheapApril 27, 2015 at 12:19 PM

    You are finally having some great hiking weather - you deserve it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I was ther ewith you, but ,but, butt taking it easy;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment - it means a lot to me that you read my post and are leaving a comment - you just made my day!