Friday, December 19, 2014

The Big Reveal

TA DA!! 
My friend Michelle helped me put together my new fireplace/TV Stand and we're still friends!!  It didn't take too long at all!  Lily and Luna helped by being cute!! and providing comic relief.
Getting into my work!

Michelle getting hammered!

Synchronized kittens!!
And finally.....it works!!
Hmmmmm...how can I get in there?

Just like the real thing baby!

All wired up and ready to go!
And the rest of the room?
I'm told the reading nook needs a footstool
and a little table for a wineglass! 

Not quite finished - the table on the left is going back upstairs
so still some "rearranging" left to do.

Two new swivel chairs and new storage ottomans.

New chairs, ottoman and futon cover/pillows.

Now that the room is sorted I've been back on my bike :)
One final pic of the cozy cuties!

View of reading nook seen from the TV room.
I'm taking a break now from redecorating until after Christmas. I've done NO baking and NO wrapping so need to get hopping! Time is running out!!

I'll be back soon with a list of goals for 2015: financial, redecorating, health/fitness and personal. There is much to look forward to!  Are you ready for Christmas??

7 comments:

  1. That looks great! So cozy! I love that you a fireplace in there. Even in southern US, where ex hardly get to us it, I love it! I especially like the reading nook - yes, a table and footstool would be icing on the cake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The kittens are so cuddly and adorable! I just love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2015?
    Who can even think that far ahead! lol
    The basement is lookin' good....

    ReplyDelete
  4. livingrichonthecheapDecember 19, 2014 at 7:03 PM

    Almost done except baking. Did the final big grocery shop this morning. Only need to get a couple of things Christmas Eve morning fresh veggie wise and wrap one gift-plus a large liquor run but will make that hubby's chore (funny, he never complains about that chore). I plan to do massive amounts of baking this weekend. Would love it if it would snow (we only get snow 2 or three times and usually right around Christmas) now that I don't have to leave the house. I sent kidlet off to the mall to do her shopping today as refused to go in with her - mine is done and there was no way I was going to get into that madness. Your place looks cozy, artsy, and fabulous! I completely agree though, you need a small table for wineglasses near your reading nook :) Priorities and all lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful! Looks very inviting and I love the reading nook chair. The kitties finish everything off perfectly!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job on the final arrangements! I think it was very kind of you to choose colours that blend in well with the new kitties! (there is nothing like tabby cats to warm your life and make it a little more exciting). I agree with the need for a footstool and a wine table, too. -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it!! I've been looking for a swivel chair like those - they're perfect. And, yes, you need a footstool and a wine table :) So happy to see you nesting and making your space your own! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment - it means a lot to me that you read my post and are leaving a comment - you just made my day!