Monday, November 11, 2013

Little by little...

Left school around 1:30 today with head just a-pounding. Thought it would be a good idea to come home early and lay down for awhile - still feeling a bit weak and under the weather. However, the pounding continued...
but this pounding I can live with! My new bamboo floors are underway...literally! Gorgeous - the photos don't do it justice at all. There was a lot of prep work to do, leveling the floors and so on. Michael's son Dane and his friend Steve will be back tomorrow to finish this room, the hallway and the living room so more photos coming your way!
I couldn't remember if I had posted any photos of our new flagstone patio and I know you all love looking at rocks so here you go! We need another bag or two of sand to bring everything up to the same level.
Looked outside a little while ago to see the FIRST WHITE STUFF (I refuse to type SNOW...oops) falling onto our patio umbrella...perhaps a not too subtle hint to put the umbrella away for the NEXT SIX OR SEVEN MONTHS?? 
EEEEEEEEEEEEEK! 
Good thing we bumped our internet up to 100 gigs a month -  we've become addicted to Netflix, well "Breaking Bad" to be exact. It's giving me ideas of what I could do when I retire...
.....such as...

  • have a baby
  • build a meth lab
  • collect rocks, minerals to be exact
  • buy a car wash
  • eat a lot of chicken
What should I pick???

3 comments:

  1. I'd choose #3!
    Please don't tell me that you paid mucho $$$$$ for the flagstones...we have heaps of them on our property.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I choose collecting rocks but if that doesn't work out have a baby at a meth lab.

    The patio looks amazing and if you are ever in this area I have a few home improvement projects for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How about eat a lot of chicken while having a baby:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment - it means a lot to me that you read my post and are leaving a comment - you just made my day!