Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Therapik - I'm a Believer

I interrupt this program with an important public announcement. I don't think I've ever endorsed a product on my blog before but there's a first time for everything I guess. What does the following image evoke for you?
Fear?
Disgust?
Pain?
Annoyance?
A sudden desire to scratch?

If you picked "all of the above" then you'll be interested in the following product!
I don't usually purchase gimmicky looking products like this but it was economically priced so I thought I'd give it a try - yes, there IS one born every minute or so I thought! I mean, who would really believe that by holding this device against a swollen red bump of a bug bite and holding down the magic button for 30 seconds you could get rid of the itch!?! Not me, that's for sure.

Well, I am now a reformed cynic! This funny little gadget really works!!!!!! (no number of exclamation marks can truly relate how excited I am by this product!!!!!!!)

I know that coming to live on the east coast means living with bugs...I get that. But gol'darn it I'm gonna give them a fight for their money (that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever!)

On my drive out to PEI a few days ago I was listening to a CBC program (thank GOD for CBC on cross country drives - putting in a little plug for them - the one radio station you can count on when you're travelling on the most god forsaken roads in this vast country) (there is a point in here somewhere!) and they were interviewing some folks who were at a bluegrass festival in Nova Scotia. They were talking about how they all pitched their tents together providing a common area for them to share food/drinks etc and then they started talking about how bad the mosquitoes were this year but they weren't going to let the bugs get them down, in fact, they said "WE LAUGH IN THE FACE OF MOSQUITOES!!! Fie on them, I say fie!!

Now I too LAUGH IN THE FACE OF MOSQUITOES!! I've tested the Therapik on at least 10 bites since I've arrived and after zapping them with some intense heat from my new best friend there IS NO MORE ITCH!!!

I've written before about how I am a "bug buffet" for mosquitoes and other biting bugs. Something to do with my luscious tasting blood I guess. Who knew? So to find something that actually "kills the itch dead" is like finding $1,000,000 in the ditch in front of my house so I could retire early and live happily ever after! Actually, even BETTER!! than that!!

So my friends, if you too live in mosquito infested areas like me invest in a Therapik and a 9volt battery - it'll be the best $15 investment you ever made. No more scratching, no more sleepless nights, no more running back into the house at the first hint of a familiar whine in your ear.

I saw a mosquito in my car today while I was driving to Summerside and do you know what I did??
YES! I LAUGHED IN ITS FACE!!!

16 comments:

  1. I wish I'd heard about this product before I went to Hatteras.  I think I'll order one for my mom, she's a bug buffet too.   

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you get it?   I need one of them since I am a walking bug magnet!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowza! I must look into this! I have a bad reaction to bites such as black fly and horse fly (or whatever you call them... deer flies?) Mosquitos, not as bad but they make me crazy.

    Curious to know if you tried that Naturpel (stinky citronella stuff).  I mean, why would you allow yourself to be bit at all if you can help it? I shiver at the thought! 

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you have real issues with mosquitoes, don't you!  I'm sure you have them shaking in their boots now.
    Where have monster ones here at the new place.  So we've stocked up on Bug Off and things like that.  And then of course, Fred HAD to order a bug zapper for the yard.  And actually, listening to them get fried is very pleasing to the ear.
    Have a great day you "sweet" thing!
    m.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jane @The maple Syrup MobJuly 5, 2012 at 11:35 AM

    I'd use it to whack the mozzies!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to tell you I dreamed about you last night! Michael and I were staying at your house but you were too tired from working all day to talk to me. So I was browsing through your personal belongings while you, Michael, Fred and the kids were vegging in front of the TV and I found a card to you from MY SISTER - how weird! Believe me, you don't want to know my sister! Oh, and your mother was living with you too! One BIG happy family:)





    ________________________________
    From: Disqus
    To: j_harrison@rogers.com
    Sent: Thursday, July 5, 2012 6:24:02 AM
    Subject: [jamhair] Re: Life DOESN'T Begin at Retirement - LIFE Begins TODAY!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Deer, horse, what's the difference really? No, I haven't tried that stuff yet, I have another product I'm using up first then I'll make the switch, and no, it's not like I'm out there naked yelling BITE ME, but in spite of my best efforts I do get bit by the sneaky bastards! And in the strangest places....





    ________________________________
    From: Disqus
    To: j_harrison@rogers.com
    Sent: Wednesday, July 4, 2012 11:24:06 PM
    Subject: [jamhair] Re: Life DOESN'T Begin at Retirement - LIFE Begins TODAY!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I ordered it online but I've heard they have them at Walmart too!






    ________________________________
    From: Disqus
    To: j_harrison@rogers.com
    Sent: Wednesday, July 4, 2012 10:36:02 PM
    Subject: [jamhair] Re: Life DOESN'T Begin at Retirement - LIFE Begins TODAY!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Here in Ontario we don't want the mosquitoes to BITE at all because of the West Nile virus.  If I have to be out at dawn or dusk I just wear long sleeves and pants and a big hat.  Also, if I do get bitten, Tea Tree Oil works wonders (also works on zits!).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, Michael and your Sister are actually here right now! They say "hi". They seem very fond of each other too. I'd watch out if I were you! m.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I kinda thought you might have bought your therapik online. I found their sight and they spip to Canada but a Wallmart.ca search came up empty. I thought they were made in Canada. Pffttt.  I really think Gary and I should each get one. MY biggest issue is the reaction that I have with horsefly and black fly bites. It's comparable to a spider bite only worse. Like... potential hospital visit. I do hope that Naturpel stuff works for you. 

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad to hear this is working for you.  Bug bites are the worst, I'm a walking buffet as well.  Like Michelle fly bites are horrible for me.  Had one last week and my arm was completely swollen.  Seriously uncomfortable.  

    ReplyDelete
  13. Welcome Hazel, and thanks for commenting! Yes, it's better to NOT be bit at all and in London where I'm from I rarely get bitten thankfully. But a different story around here and yes, dusk and dawn are the worst times. What does help is a good stiff breeze which helps keep the little suckers from landing. Also on a bad day I have mesh mosquito pants and jacket I can put on - it ain't pretty but who cares?!





    ________________________________
    From: Disqus
    To: j_harrison@rogers.com
    Sent: Thursday, July 5, 2012 12:18:40 PM
    Subject: [jamhair] Re: Life DOESN'T Begin at Retirement - LIFE Begins TODAY!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so interested, I don't get small mosquito bites, mine swell to the size of small fist size lumps and itch for days!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't tell you how impressed I am by this silly looking thing - the only thing wrong with it (or wrong with me) is that if I get a bit on my back I can't reach it so hopefully Michael gets here soon to deal with those for me!!





    ________________________________
    From: Disqus
    To: j_harrison@rogers.com
    Sent: Monday, July 9, 2012 1:29:04 AM
    Subject: [jamhair] Re: Life DOESN'T Begin at Retirement - LIFE Begins TODAY!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Best product ever !! Buy them at www.therapik.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment - it means a lot to me that you read my post and are leaving a comment - you just made my day!