Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Birthday Treats

Do you buy yourselves birthday gifts? I do.  And sometimes it isn't even my birthday hee hee hee...I found a lovely bin full of fans in  a shop in Niagara Falls.  I've been meaning to get myself one for ages and ages and this paisley number was just the ticket... for...you know...those moments when I get a tad overheated!!
Speaking of getting overheated.....

Awwwww....aren't they just the sweetest??  How could I not buy this pair of salt and pepper shakers!?! And they're hugging....!!  They're so symbolic!! I mean...Michael and I fell in love with just one HUG!!  What did you think I meant??

The owner of the store was so funny...everything was 100%, as in, 100% ceramic!!

100% real stone earrings!! Like that's something rare! But yes, I still bought them...I mean....they're heart-shaped...and we were in Niagara Falls!! A friend called us while we were there and asked if we'd gone to a drive-in wedding chapel??  Ummmm, that would be a.....NO!! A 100% NO! Yes, my friends, we are living in sin...
Gifts from Michael to expand my mind!!  Books and movies, movies and books!! My favourite gifts!
100% real leather candle holder!! 
The "sun, moon and stars" hold special meaning for Michael and I so I thought, why not? 
Yes, there is one born every minute!!
Also at this store Michael espied with his little eye this interesting garment and made me try it on in the sweltering heat and OMG it was so CUTE!!   I could just imagine myself wearing it in MUCH COOLER WEATHER with black leggings and knee high boots!! So he bought it for me, just like that!!
When the store owner heard it was my birthday he gave me the above very expensive 100% stone frog incense holder for FREE!! He really shouldn't have.......but he did... telling me that the frog symbolized longevity and a few other things that I've since forgotten.
My beloved daughter bought me my very own pair of TOMS shoes for my birthday!! I've coveted her pair for quite some time and I love this denim pair. For each pair of TOMS sold they donate a pair of shoes to a needy child so it's really two gifts in one!!
 Oh, and Sunday I did a wee bit of shopping in Niagara-on-the-Lake at my most favorite store - 10,000 Villages!!  I bought a gorgeous ceramic bird bath for PEI and...
 FOUR of these gorgeous plates at 50% off!!  (now I wish I'd bought eight!)
And since I was taking photos I took one of the pot and petunias Kazi got me for Mother's Day.  She also took me out for dinner so I could get to know her boyfriend better and meet his parents. That's a huge step for her so I was duly grateful!

So yes, you could say I was spoiled!!

22 comments:

  1. LivingrichonthecheapMay 29, 2012 at 9:04 PM

    I love that store 10000 villages.  I never feel guilty shopping there as all goes to charity and is fair trade.  Happy BDAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jane @The maple Syrup MobMay 29, 2012 at 9:05 PM

    Hubby and I have been married for 29 years and are still living in sin.....can't beat it! As for 'the garment' I'll send you my address in case you get bored with it!!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend. Hope you got a chance to recharge your batteries. It's been a rough school year for you. Only a few more weeks and you're headed east.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're right - it has been a tough school year! But each day is a new beginning!





    ________________________________
    From: Disqus
    To: j_harrison@rogers.com
    Sent: Tuesday, May 29, 2012 9:22:07 PM
    Subject: [jamhair] Re: Life DOESN'T Begin at Retirement - LIFE Begins TODAY!!

    Disqus generic email template

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you and I have a lot in common besides our name lol!






    ________________________________
    From: Disqus
    To: j_harrison@rogers.com
    Sent: Tuesday, May 29, 2012 9:05:43 PM
    Subject: [jamhair] Re: Life DOESN'T Begin at Retirement - LIFE Begins TODAY!!

    Disqus generic email template

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yup, they sure got that concept right didn't they!! Guilt-free shopping! Gotta love it!





    ________________________________
    From: Disqus
    To: j_harrison@rogers.com
    Sent: Tuesday, May 29, 2012 9:04:42 PM
    Subject: [jamhair] Re: Life DOESN'T Begin at Retirement - LIFE Begins TODAY!!

    Disqus generic email template

    ReplyDelete
  7. Living in Sin.. I think not!!!! More like living in happiness and love!  By the way I love those plates.  And toms are great we purchased each of the girls a pair for Christmas and they hold up great to!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that old expression living in sin !!! I live in sin every day. Well I do eat a lot of chocolate, is'nt Gluttony a sin ???
    Glad you had a great birthday, aesome gifts....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, I buy myself presents almost every weekend.  Which is why I can't get out of debt as quickly as I want, but I am so worth it and so are you.  Love the bird bath and the salt and pepper shakers.  Which one is Michael? 

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such cute things for a very deserving Birthday Girl!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Michael is the hot and peppery one tee hee!






    ________________________________
    From: Disqus
    To: j_harrison@rogers.com
    Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2012 12:57:42 AM
    Subject: [jamhair] Re: Life DOESN'T Begin at Retirement - LIFE Begins TODAY!!

    Disqus generic email template

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, we're all sinners in some way or another aren't we? I could NEVER give up chocolate!!





    ________________________________
    From: Disqus
    To: j_harrison@rogers.com
    Sent: Tuesday, May 29, 2012 10:33:35 PM
    Subject: [jamhair] Re: Life DOESN'T Begin at Retirement - LIFE Begins TODAY!!

    Disqus generic email template

    ReplyDelete
  13. The TOMS are great - Kazi throws hers in the washing machine and they clean up nicely - and I figure the denim should wear well.





    ________________________________
    From: Disqus
    To: j_harrison@rogers.com
    Sent: Tuesday, May 29, 2012 9:46:58 PM
    Subject: [jamhair] Re: Life DOESN'T Begin at Retirement - LIFE Begins TODAY!!

    Disqus generic email template

    ReplyDelete
  14. " the frog symbolized longevity and a few other things that I've since forgotten."-Was it for memory too?
    You are so loved and a great little shopper!

    ReplyDelete
  15. My sister got me those salt and pepper shakers a couple of years ago for my Christmas stocking.  I love them.  I love them even though my granddaughter dropped the white one and broke off one of the arms!  Happy Birthday, and keep the shakers away from kids!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yeah, that's it LOL!  He meant well, either that or he needed more shelf space!





    ________________________________
    From: Disqus
    To: j_harrison@rogers.com
    Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2012 10:41:02 AM
    Subject: [jamhair] Re: Life DOESN'T Begin at Retirement - LIFE Begins TODAY!!

    Disqus generic email template

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hmmmmm Michael is a BIG kid! We'll be careful lol!






    ________________________________
    From: Disqus
    To: j_harrison@rogers.com
    Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2012 1:57:10 PM
    Subject: [jamhair] Re: Life DOESN'T Begin at Retirement - LIFE Begins TODAY!!

    Disqus generic email template

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love Toms, but so far have resisted! What a lovely weekend you had! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow!!! So many beautiful items, Jane!! :) You are loved!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my Jane, what awesome treats for your birthday....

    I'm going to have to remember to buy myself something for mine! :)!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Well of course! It's a habit I picked up from my mother after years of receiving gifts from my dad that weren't to her liking!





    ________________________________
    From: Disqus
    To: j_harrison@rogers.com
    Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2012 7:57:34 PM
    Subject: [jamhair] Re: Life DOESN'T Begin at Retirement - LIFE Begins TODAY!!

    Disqus generic email template

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy Birthday Jane!! Love the sweater Michael got you, I'll bet itlooks great. and the birdbath is wonderful. What an amazing find. Ialmost always buy myself a birthday gift. There's something aboutbuying an item that I don't actually need and that I wouldn't normallyspend money on that's liberating.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment - it means a lot to me that you read my post and are leaving a comment - you just made my day!