Sunday, November 20, 2011

 This is today's sundry collection sitting by the front door waiting for me to drive it over to Talize (done now!)  I am the pillow queen! I divested myself of 4 more pillows, a bunch of books, several coats, lots of shoes, a black and white striped sweater that always made me feel like I'd done some wrong...is that a siren I hear?  
 Most of these books I brought home from the trailer. Espionage, horror and mystery - nice light summer reading! Oh yes, a few unneeded computer parts: a scanner and a keyboard.
 School books from long ago - I won't ever be using them again so off they go, along with some random craft materials. I am NOT a crafty person, artistic yes - I carve wood, soapstone, rocks, fossils, plaster of paris - but make a wreath?? I would glue my fingers all together!
 Pots, old gardening supplies, old insulators from a bygone era. Old art books from my days as an art teacher (over 13 years ago!)
There - you can sorta see my black and white striped sweater. I think I got it on the clearance rack at Joe Fresh - my daughter worked there a couple of years so I also got a staff discount. Which was no doubt the reason for purchasing that blue/grey jacket you see there too which I wore exactly once. Why do I do that?
 I had a ton of pillows that I brought home from the trailer, barely used, we kept a bunch for the occasional overnight guest. So we replaced our old pillows with the newer ones, tossed the oldest ones in the garbage and donated the rest.
Don't ask me about my previous decorating style, just don't ok?? Moving on.....


My new vacuum cleaner has been broken in and it really SUCKS...big time! With a cat I need a vacuum that can really pick up cat hair and this one is dynamite!! So happy!  And bagless - love that!! Of course, every time I vacuum I take a year off my cat's life, poor thing. She's really an old old scaredy cat. I feel really guilty when I vacuum knowing how scared she is, she hides under the bed and howls and howls. She doesn't stop shaking for hours. Maybe I should just give up vacuuming til she passes on - I mean she's 17 years old - she can't live for THAT much longer?!


Had a nice quiet (other than the vacuuming) day. Finished off the newspaper, did more laundry (found some things I'm going to list on kijiji so washing them up), made a pot of soup and my weekly ration of oatmeal. 


It feels really good to get SOME stuff organized in the basement. I still have a long way to go but now that I've made a start I don't feel so overwhelmed. I've organized things into a donate pile (gone for today), garbage (also gone), going to PEI (all on one set of shelves) and yard sale (all on its own shelf). So I'm done in the laundry room and storage area, next weekend is the furnace room/workshop which I can barely get into. I'll do a before and after picture.


Oh yeah, and I IRONED all of my clothes for the week! What a busy girl I've been today! 


Well that's it for now my friends. Michael and I are sitting in Starbucks because for some reason he can't read at home. (I think the real reason is that he stayed in bed til 3pm and needed a reason to get dressed lol!) So I had a skinny Peppermint Mocha (good Jane!) and a white chocolate macadamia nut cookie (so bad Jane!) 


When I get home I'm going to ride my bike. Didn't get around to it yesterday though my intentions were good. I was just about to change into some workout clothes when Michael called to say he'd be done earlier than usual so I went and picked him up instead and we went out for wings and entirely too much wine and single malt scotch. Woe is me.


Well it's Monday tomorrow - my favorite day of the week har har har! I need to pick up a few things for salads for the week but other than that I'm skipping grocery shopping this week. Yup - it's the week to use up what we've got again - things roll out of the fridge when we open the door. 


OK, now this is really IT, THE END, I MEAN IT, GOODBYE!

5 comments:

  1. You were busy today! Doesn't it feel so good to get rid of stuff? I hope to do that next month..donate a bunch of stuff before the end of the year for tax purposes.

    Wings sound so much better than bicycling...hee,hee. I have so many miles to go before I catch up to you. I really, really, really need to start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! You were a busy girl! Look at all that "stuff" you got rid of! Good for you! Enjoy your night!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you are really kicking ass cleaning that stuff out. And those pillows are just so...country chic..just how I um pictured you decorating :)

    I had a black and yellow sweater like that and I swear I felt like a bee everytime I wore it

    Have a great week

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Talk about food, drink, and woe is me - there's no way I'll lose one ounce this week at this rate, and I'm afraid to do my spending log (since we did our twice-yearly restaurant stint today and there were no freebies such as your pad thai episode - jealous!). But I'll do it anyway.

    I can't read anywhere but the bathtub. Weird, huh?

    We have the opposite problem you have with the pillows - we use them till they're one-inch thick and some of the pillows around here are older than some of the people.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol, good entry, chockablock full of Jane info!

    Your poor old cat! After all those years she's still scared of the vacuum - aww. She may still have a few years left - maybe you should get one of those non-automated carpet sweepers, lol.

    Michael didn't stay in bed until 3, did he? Oh, the decadence. It's a great idea, I'm going to have to try it some day, but with four cats, one dog, and one man waiting for me to get up and serve them, don't know when that will happen!

    xxxooo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment - it means a lot to me that you read my post and are leaving a comment - you just made my day!