Sunday, November 27, 2011

Sunday Night Chit Chat...Chit Chat

 Tonight - another edition of Sunday Night Chit Chat coming your way, courtesy of Carla, over at My 1/2 Dozen Daily!

Our annual Christmas Jamaican Sorrel Rum Punch is in production
What are you cooking/baking today?


 It was a Scottish day in the kitchen today - I made my weekly ration of oatmeal.


And as if that wasn't enough oats for me I made the only thing I could bake better than my mother - oat scones!  Mmmm, nothing better on a rainy afternoon than a warm buttery oat scone with homemade jam!


Watching/Reading?


I loved Ami McKay's first book "The Birthing House" so much I immediately bought her second book "Virgin Cure" - I'm already 2/3's of the way through and it is impossible to put down for long.


I highly recommend it!














Listening to?
First I was listening to the Grey Cup football game while I was biking/reading and now while I write this post the movie "Love Actually" is on in the background. It's an excellent movie with an all star cast.


Looking forward to this week?
It took about 57 emails but my brother and I finally agreed on a night to go out for dinner.  So we have a family get together to look forward to this week - we will meet up at Morrissey House next weekend.


Happy that you accomplished this weekend?
For the 3rd weekend in a row I cleaned up a section of my basement sending two bags to the dumpster, several box loads to Talize and 2 more boxes in my car going to the hazardous household waste depot tomorrow. I ROCK the decluttering!! 


Oh yes, and I put the Christmas wreath on the front door and put my Christmas runner and placemats on the table!


It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!


 Look at my roses!


One of my student's parents gave me these gorgeous roses on Friday. I don't think I've ever received roses from a parent before. I've been to their home twice over the past couple of weeks to help with an assessment on their son who has recently turned 18 and is now eligible for adult services. It was my pleasure and the blueberry cake was really enough, but it is nice to be appreciated once in a while!


Happy Sunday!

2 comments:

  1. The flowers are beautiful but what can I say I LOVE THE LINES OF YOUR TABLE AND CHAIRS. Sorry I am a sucker for nice quality furniture

    Congrats on all the stuff you got rid of. I swear I feel lighter everythim I get rid of somethin

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are rocking the decluttering! That was SO sweet of your students to send Roses! :) Well deserved!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment - it means a lot to me that you read my post and are leaving a comment - you just made my day!