Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Marking a Milestone

Oh my little one, it seems just like yesterday when you were my beautiful, precious baby, holding my hand when we crossed the street, hiding behind my leg when someone spoke to you, always sitting on my lap so you could turn my face towards you - you thought I was the most wonderful person in the world. 


And then you discovered "friends" and "peer pressure" and my star began to fall. Oh, I was always there to pick up the pieces when the mean girls struck or "the boy" as you called them moved on to another girlfriend. When you needed a "mommy hug" I was always willing to oblige even though those moments became few and far between.


You remember, don't you, when you thought you knew everything and I didn't know anything?


And then - today happened! You texted me to tell me you had an "interesting" day and you would tell me about it when I got home. Needless to say I rushed right home to hear what you had to say.


You said: "I took your advice" blah blah blah and now I need your opinion blah blah blah."


I said "wait, I have to remember this day - Nov. 23, 2011 - it's a banner day! You took my advice AND now you want my opinion!!"


I've been waiting a long time for her to come back to me! I knew it would happen eventually, but I didn't know when. She's only 21! I know I was at least 25 before I started listening to my mother again, valuing her advice, respecting her opinion and applying it to my life. Hallelujah, saints above! Miracles do happen! 


More to come...


P.S. I cycled 20km last night and I am officially in Toronto!! Woot woot! Hi Sarah...more to come...


P.P.S. Today is my 3rd no spend day in a row! I have 18 cents in my wallet. AND I even GAVE Kazi a quarter yesterday to help her pay for parking at the university.  I'm skint AND generous at the same time! 


P.P.P.S. I am going to hit 100,000 page views sometime this week! Wowzers!

7 comments:

  1. Who knew?!?!? ;) lol! Kazi is gorgeous, Jane!! We should all be so lucky!
    Way to go on your cycling!!! You're gonna have buns of steel!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your daughter is beautiful!!! Wait does this mean that soon my kids will realize how smart I really am?

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on making Toronto!

    any idea how long it takes for sons to ask for opinions and advice? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you saying that Teens act like that don't need you for awhile? I'm sure that will never happen to me. Um, Right?
    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your daughter is beautiful! It is a great feeling when you adult children actually "want" your opinion!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 21, that's the same magic age when my daughter started asking my advice and opinions again. Tee hee!

    100,000 pageviews is impressive! You may actually make some money from this blogging thing one day. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. They grow up so fast. I've been incredibly lucky in Gwen, she still listens to me and asks for advise and help. Hard to believe next year she turns 18. Now the boys on the other hand are very different. Morgan just rolls his eyes when ever I say anything and Darian, while he still listens, pays more attention to Morgan than I like :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment - it means a lot to me that you read my post and are leaving a comment - you just made my day!