Thursday, April 7, 2011

Wow - First Week of April Over Already!!



The extras are killing me this month. Nothing huge but added together they are causing a serious cash shortage. So far the extras have included $74.74 for car maintenance, $56.46 for my internet security/virus check etc renewal, $38.40 for Turbotax, iTunes (only $1.29) and two restaurant meals. Luckily for Jambalaya I had one of those "Groupons" that I purchased a few months ago - I paid $25.00 for a $50.00 coupon. The server was really cute so I gave him a big tip - thanks Michael :)


Tomorrow night is our dinner out at Saffrons. It's a restaurant completely staffed by students and staff of the Hospitality program at our local college. I've eaten there once and it was so amazing. Very professional, very classy, very good food and wine. Hoo boy! I've got to keep my spending in check somehow...once the wine gets flowing it's so easy to throw caution to the wind! I still haven't even figured out yet how I'm going to pay for it!


Other "unique" spends coming up - volleyball registration ($50), trailer lot fee for the season ($1740.00), the painting I bought from my brother ($250 - a steal!!), Easter treats for my daughter (?) and I hope that's it!!! This is turning out to be way worse than March. It looks like I need a MISC savings account for all of these once a year little bits and pieces.  What a drag! 


How's your spending going - are you on track so far??  I hope you're doing better than I am!

7 comments:

  1. I know what you mean!! That's why I created my what if...fund.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had too much eating out and misc this month and it's barely a week into the month! :-(

    need to find a few receipts because 'hospital day' with my dad was also 'dog food day' which I forgot to record in spendingdiary.com and today was I need fabric day! sigh..

    Susanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are still doing fabulous - adding $400 to ING, even with the increases. I would definitely begin a savings account for that lot fee - that is a biggie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am keeping track of my grocery spending this month, which as of late has been out of control. Gas is getting more and more expensive, so I am trying to decide if staying off the toll roads will allow me to funnel that money into my gas account. Or will sitting in traffic burn up more gas?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you have a great dinner, it sounds like lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful hubby just did our taxes yesterday (I adore him) and we actually came out ahead. So thrilled. It all goes toward debt but at least I'm not owing anything. Now I can spend my money on paying the snowplow driver!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ugh. I've been trying to figure out how I'm going to get my expenses under control since I spent most of April's extra cash in March!

    Thanks for the reminder on Easter goodies! I'll have to add that to my list!

    Oh well, at least you are doing some fun, fun things!! :)!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment - it means a lot to me that you read my post and are leaving a comment - you just made my day!