Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Food Diary

I received three diaries for Christmas - one, a sacred journey diary, I use for day to day personal things I want to remember, to set goals and dream at little. The second, from Michael's son, I am going to use to plan my gardens in PEI. The third has just been sitting around feeling lonely.

Well, be lonely no more cute little diary - I have designated you my FOOD DIARY!! Yesterday in the National Post there was an article about a study done on two groups of people. The group that got on a scale everyday and kept a food diary lost more weight and kept it off by maintaining these habits once they were at their desired weight.

Hmmmmm I thought to myself - why not give it a try? After all, being aware of my finances and recording my daily spends has helped me become a much better money manager. So transferring that to eating - checking my weight on a daily basis and keeping track of what I eat should help me manage my weight better.

It seems like a good theory - now I'm going to put it into practise:)

The knees feel pretty good today - no cycling last night, but on to volleyball tonight - I'll try to be careful!

Toodles!

8 comments:

  1. It works! I do it, I lost a lot of weight just being more mindful of what I was putting in my mouth.
    Good luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think a food diary is a great idea.It will definitely keep you accountable regarding your calories! I know that I should start one.... but..... just not ready to yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tracked my food last week with calories. I pretty much stay in the same range every day, barring I skip the high calorie sandwich shops. :)

    My problem is I tire of it easily. Just praying the exercise doesn't follow the same boredom pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keeping a food diary is much like keeping a spending diary..it really helps to stay in control.

    I know that since joining Livestrong, where I log my food intake all day, I've stuck to my diet better than ever before...

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I couldn't do it, just couldn't cause then I'd have to fess up about the chocolate bars that I sneak after the kids have gone to bed :) At some point I know I'll have to start being better about food but right now it's a stress I can't handle.
    Good luck and I hope it works for you.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. I use spendingdiary.com to manage my money and calorieking.com to manage my weight, I can log in what I eat and the onling food diary counts it up for me, plus the Australian site is still free.

    Glad to hear your knees are feeling better, just don,t be overdoing it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep, it's one thing my Weight Watchers leader stresses constantly...members are more successful if they track what is going in their mouths.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got back on track with Weight Watchers Monday so I've been tracking online - frustrating because seems a good 1/4 of the time the site isn't working right!

    susanna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment - it means a lot to me that you read my post and are leaving a comment - you just made my day!